Rivers State Government wishes to inform the General Public that His Excellency, Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has inaugurated the Task Force on the eradiation of Street Trading, Illegal Markets & Motor Parks.
Following the inauguration, the Task Force will commence full operations in Thirteen (13) Zones within the State from Monday, August 26th, 2019.
The Zones are:
1. Old Port Harcourt Township/ Lagos/ Station/ UTC Bus Stops.
2. Slaughter/ Woji/ Oginigba.
3. Flyover/ Mile 1 Market.
4. Mile 3 Market/ Ikoku/ Building Materials.
5. Rumuokoro Junction.
6. Fruit Market/ Garrison/ Waterlines.
7. Presidential Hotel/ Rumuola.
8. Rumuokwuta/ Mgbuoba Market/ Location Junction.
9. Artillery/ Rumukwurushi/ Eleme Interchange/ Oil Mill Market.
10. Eliozu Junction Flyover/ East – West Road.
11. Choba/ Uniport/ East – West Road.
12. Rumuolumeni/ Rumuepirikom and
13. Akpajo/ Onne/ Eleme/ Refinery Road.
All those concerned are advised in their own interest to vacate the streets of Port Harcourt or face the full wrath of the law.
Ministry of Information & Communications